Sunday, October 12, 2008

Renewed....

There is so much to say about the outdoors. We hiked and hiked and and enjoyed the woods and the mountains. The drives were spectacular....Oh I love this country. We stayed in The Palace Hotel in Silver City, taught Alex about Billy the Kid (he had a billion questions), we stayed in a rather (kind of) remote cabin in Pinos Altos...we went the the Gila Cliff dwellings, the Catwalk, and just hung out in the perfect weather and outdoors. Ahhhhh. I would love to live somewhere there in a little cabin with my knitting!!! Oh, and my family, of course!!! I took loads of photos and will post them soon....
Well, meanwhile I won a prize in the Carefree (or not) Holiday KAL!!!! Yes! ME! Won a prize!! Can you believe it???!! (GRINNING) I won some Merino5 from Crystal Palace Yarns and I chose Red Cinnamon...going to make some Genome Socks without the frilly edge.... I saw a photo on ravelry of the exact sock I want to make!!! ooo, thanks Carefree (or not) KAL!!! for picking MY name from that huge container of names!! :D

Also, I was TAGGED by Corrine, of Craftyloca's Sanctuary: She has a great blog, I like to go there because I feel so at home there!


So here are the rules:

list six details about myself
tag six fellow bloggers
leave them a comment so they know they’ve been tagged.

Six details about myself:

1) Hmmmm.. I wear contact lenses AND reading glasses....when knitting, creating art, reading or writing. I don't want to have lasik surgery. I have worn glasses since I was 5 or 6 and have always been far-sighted.
2) I love to change rooms around and move all the furniture around when I get in the mood
3) I love to paint things like furniture and walls
4) I always seem to get into trouble in one way or another
5) I love people and my DH wonders at the way I can converse at length with a perfect stranger
6) I can't stand to eat any kind of bbq ribs...don't know why but they make me feel sick...

Okay, now it's my turn to tag six fellow bloggers:

Kathy at Aunt Kathy's Place
Lori at With Six You Get.....
Monica at Rubys N Purls
Lorri at Let's Talk Over Coffee
Adrienne at knitting in the bellybutton of california
Liberty at My Words Come Tumbling Out

3 comments:

adrienne said...

now i am not sure if i am happy that your name came out of that jar!

only kidding, i think. grin

Corinne said...

I am glad that you had such a wonderful vacation. I would love to live in a cabin with my family and knitting, of course!! Thanks for playing along. We have a lot in common....for your #2,4 & 5 you could be talking about me!! You tagged some great blogs. Glad your back!

CaveGurl said...

Thanks for the tag!! I'll include that in today's FO post!!