Well, I found another fun coffee swap! To see details and join, go here. Sign ups end October 15th....I participated in Coffee Swap Three last fall and really enjoyed it... here is my questionnaire:
About Your Yarn Passion
1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? When did you first learn? I knit. First learned in third grade at Junior Girl Scouts (knit some mittens). I re-learned about 3 or 4 years ago..
2. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular) Is there something you've been wanting to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on? The only metal I like so far are addi's... love wood needles. I use both straight and circular, depending on the project.
3. What kind of projects do you enjoy making? Any types you just haven't ever gotten into as much as others? I love knitting socks. I have knit a poncho and a couple of sweaters, scarves and several felted bags. I guess I love socks the most, but bags are second.
4. What's on your needles\hook right now? What's your oldest UFO (unfinished object)?Right now I am finishing a pair of socks. Oldest UFO would be my striped dog hoodie from the book Knitting for Cats and Dogs.
5. If you were going on vacation tomorrow, what project(s) would travel with you? Socks or a bag...maybe wrist warmers...or beaded scarf or bag...or baby stuff...........
6. What are your favorite types of yarns? Any you're allergic too, or just hate working with? Anything in particular you've been dying to try? No allergies, love sock yarn and worsteds, wool, alpaca, merino wool,bamboo, soy, corn...I don't care for 100% acrylics. I want to make lots of socks! Want to try making a Noni felted bag. I have a pattern for the metro bag I've been looking at...
7. What sort of colors do you love in yarns? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there any you can't stand? Hmmm..sock yarn, love variegated and solid. Worsteds...love almost any color but bright yellow or bright green. I love green, but not "neony" green. I love rich colors. Also, colors that contrast and look wonderful together, also like textures, but textures as in different yarns knitted together...I live to make bags, too, felted or not...
Your Coffee Passion
1. Do you prefer caffeinated or not? caffeine, please
2. Whole bean or ground? For what type of pot or press? either. I use a Capresso drip. Want to try french press..
3. What types of roasts do you enjoy? Are you more the light and lively or dark and robust type? dark and robust, definitely!
4. How do you 'take' your coffee? Creamers? Sweetener? Other add ins? Sometimes black, sometimes cream.
5. That first morning cup - is it about the taste, or the caffeine? taste!
6. Do you enjoy going out to coffee shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites?Yes, Starbucks. I love nonfat sugar free caramel macchiatos......otherwise I get black coffee..
7. You've just made the perfect cup of coffee - is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Where would you sit to drink it? Regular size mug. I drink while running around. Usually if I sit it would be in the office.
8. You're enjoying that perfect cup, and have a magic cabinet in your kitchen - when you open it, magically, your favorite treats will appear to enjoy alongside the coffee - what are they? Are they sweet? Crunchy? Soft and flaky? ooo,biscotti or cookies, so crunchy and sweet.
All about YOU!
1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking? Yes! Scrapbooking, painting, writing,sewing, making art dolls and altered art
2. Do you collect anything? Not really. Used to collect unusual pigs or little sheep... ha ha ! now I collect yarn!!! ;). I love gel pens or pens that write well..also like vintage buttons, photos, pictures, sewing scraps, fabrics and trim.....love Amy Butler type fabric--I also sew and like to make cool stuff...purses etc..
3. What is your favorite part of Autumn? Weather, leaves in the Midwest, smell of apples and pumpkins, decorating, having everyone home for Thanksgiving...
4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body? Yes, for home I like harvest, spice, apple, pumpkin, linen,warm homey scents. For body I like Philosphy's Amazing Grace body wash.
5. Are you allergic to anything? no
6. Are you on Ravelry? What's your ID? Yes! MariaE
7. How would you spend an ideal fall afternoon/day? Like I did last week in the mountains watching the trees and beautiful sky