Saturday, February 23, 2008
Sunday, February 17, 2008
- Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been at your craft? Knit, about 2 years
- What are your favorite yarns/fibers? What are your least favorite yarns/fibers? merino wool, wool/silk blends, sock yarn. Least favorite are scratchy type acrylics. Not so many novelty yarns, either.
- What are your favorite colors? What are your least favorite colors?Favs are vibrant colors, blues, teals, purples pinks, magenta, violet, lavender, greens, reds....;)
- What ‘warm weather’ project are you looking forward to making this year? I'm thinking a summer sweater, and also continuing knitting hats, mittens and so forth for charity.
- What are you favorite scents? Least favorite? Love patchouli, spicy scents, and some perky type flower scents. Don't care for rose.
- What is your favorite flower? hhmmmm all of them! like pink tulips
- What are you favorite spring time hobbies/activities? walking, gardening(but not too much), reading, watching my son's basketball, baseball and soccer games
- Do you have a garden? If you do, tell us a little about it. Do you like to plant flowers or vegetables? A little patch....I always plant lots of herbs and jalapeños, and sometimes tomatoes. Flowers, yes of course!!
- What are your favorite sweets? Jordan Almonds, fruit, Chessmen butter cookies from Pepperidge Farm, caramel corn
- Do you collect anything? I like strange and artsy stuff, art and unusual stamps, like from Somerset Studio and Stampington and Co. Magazines. I also like little pigs and sheep.
- Do you have any allergies? no
- Do you have any pets?YES! 2 wonderful dogs, Maya and Lalo, and a nice kitty named Frankie
at 4:37 PM
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Finished sock 2 of the first pair the other day...They are a little bulky and definitely a first try, but VERY comfy! I have learned so much and have already started another pair! I'm using size 1 needles this time with Lisa Souza'a hardtwist merino , color is Newtown.
Happy Valentines Day!!
at 7:12 AM
Monday, February 11, 2008
I just got my Cocoa Swap package from Criquette and it's wonderful! And my blah buster buddy is none other than Frankie Jr.!!! Our Frankie loves him already!! He hugged and kissed him!! Then Lalo the puppy tried to steal him so I had to put Frankie Jr. in a safe place... Oh Thanks !!! and, oh ! a whole package of goodness came! Dream in Color "Classy" worsted yarn in Blue Lagoon --oooo GREAT COLOR! I want to eat it! And Haribo Gummy Bears, Werthers candies (I'll have to hide those), Lake Champlain Mocha Hot Chocolate, size 1 CP bamboo knitting needles, Starbucks Espresso beans covered in dark chocolate, some gorgeous blue and silver stitch markers, flowers and a kitty!!! I tried to take a pic but those are blurry. A journal, a notepad with a pen, a brown satin round padded box, Mardi Gras beads (ooowhooo) Some Doggy Human breath mints, and a cat toy for Frankie Sr.!! Oh, Thank you Criquette! You are awesome! Here are some photos:
at 12:28 PM
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Well, here it is.....my first sock. A little big, (ahem)..perhaps because I decided to use size 3 needles ? Didn't knit a test swatch? Who knows, but I am on my way! heh heh.. It was fun and sock number 2 is on the needles now, along with a pair of mittens from Louisa Harding's Knitting Little Luxuries....wow! Mark yesterday a day in history for me- February6, 2008. My first sock, which I just knew would materialize someday!
at 8:59 AM
Friday, February 1, 2008
OK!! Here is my sock. The sorry blue and purple striped one I had at Amy's was frogged. This one is going pretty well, and I LOVE the yarn. It's Sophie's Toes - a present I got from Guinifer in the Coffee Swap. I am such a newbie at knitting compared to all these knitter's at Amy's. But I will not give up. Socks may not be my forte, but I will conquer the knitting world! Argh! (someone help me quick get off here..) just kidding. I am really happy with how my latest sock attempt is going. And, yes..I am proud of my work. ha ha Gotta go take youngest son to school.
at 7:07 AM