Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday

Today I am tired, just got home when I picked up younger son from school at 2:45. He had a pretty good day, I think, but they have lunch at 10.40 a.m.! I send a snack, but he has been eating it before lunch and drinking all his water as well! (he says they water at school is nasty because it tastes like "art water"........ does that mean he's sampled watercolor water while painting??...hmm- anyway, I am going to start sending 2 snacks and give him a bigger breakfast and 2 big bottles of water. He gets downright impossible when he is hungry and/or thirsty... As soon as we got home he ate a giant cheeseburger (all if it) and a drink pouch and wha-la! he was sweet as pie!So, besides running late for Bible Study, losing my phone temporarily, cutting my finger, and having a conference with Alex's teacher early this morning (there was a "mean" sub yesterday! - Alex got in trouble.....) the good thing was that I started a new class! I am taking a Kay Arthur Precepts class on Numbers, Deuteronomy and Joshua over the course of this year! Yay, it is a lot of work, but very good. I also did a bunch of errands that I needed to do. Well, I have to go now to watch Alex go swim for a while.

2 comments:

Corinne said...

I am exactly like Alex, if I am hungry just watch out. I am not a happy camper. I can't believe that they eat lunch at 10:40, that's crazy. No wonder he is so hungry and grouchy by the time he gets home! The smoothies are easy and I use my blender. For the spinach one, add about a cup or so of water and fill the blender with handfuls of spinach. Don't pack it, just fill it and blend. Then I add strawberries that I freeze and 1 banana that I have frozen and blend. That is usually it for me, the kids like it also with vanilla yogurt. You do NOT taste the spinach. Another great one is, 1 cup of rice milk, 1 carrot (cut up), 1/4 cup of nuts(I like cashews or almonds), chopped date, 2tsp vanilla, vanilla yogurt , some frozen strawberries. It is so good and thick...I love this one. Go check out http://happyfoody.com/ she has some great smoothie recipes. Have fun and experiment!

Aunt Kathy said...

a zit??? aren't we too old for those???