Sunday, January 6, 2008

Swap Questionnaire Mmmm ....Hot Cocoa!

Cocoa:
1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk? Water? from home made recipe or store bought?, In a tea cup, or big mug?
I like hot cocoa hot, with marshmallows, usually. I have had store bought and home made- the homemade kind I make is "Abuelita"- it is Mexican Hot Chocolate with spices. I have lots of it.
I also love to try new kinds of Gourmet stuff, also. I prepare it with milk. I love to cook and make most things from scratch. Love to bake, too. Usually drink cocoa in a large mug!

2. Marshmallows or whipped cream?
Marshmallows! I've never tried gourmet marshmallows but would love to try them sometime!

Yarn/Knitting/Crochet
1. What is your favorite type of yarn?
Merino wool, soft yarn, and hand painted sock yarn is nice. I also use fingering weight yarns or skinnier ones like that to knit doll stuff from my Knitted Babes book. I Like Debbie Bliss Cashmerino in soft pink, or any color. Also like wools, silks, cotton is ok, worsted weight and up.

In what colors? Love blues, greens in bright or medium colors. Deep Aqua is nice. Also love dark pinks like berry colors. I like deep, vibrant colors the best.

2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)?
Knit. Have been knitting for about 2 years, have felted quite a bit, I am now knitting my first pair of socks!

3. What are your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new?
My favorite needles are wood or bamboo. I like wood needles except for my metal Skacel addi turbos. Love those as well.

4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions?
I have never used a row counter and don't know if I will ever need one. I have a few cute stitch markers. Love stitch markers, could also use a cute little ditty bag to carry sock projects.

5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)?
wood knitting needles, like 9 or10" long, size 2. Also sizes 1 and 3. Not for knitting socks, but for tiny doll sweaters and clothes (Not garish ones!)

6. What is your favorite 'quick knit/crochet' pattern (quick gratification) A purse or hat...or another doll from the Knitted Babes book. I give these to my mom and she loves them, but I have to keep up her dolls' wardrobe!

Miscellaneous
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter? Enjoy the whiteness of outside! Like to have a fire, knit, listen to music, read, cook, have friends over, go outside and walk around, look at the sky

2. What is your favorite animal?
Hmm... pretend? sheep, lamb, kitty, rooster, pig, elephant.. Actually, I used to think I wanted a real goat and some chickens...my husband ignored the whole topic...ha ha

3. Do you get the 'winter blahs'?
Sometimes. I grew up in Michigan, but have traveled all over due to my husband's job, and we moved here a year ago from Scottsdale Arizona. That's why I'm loving this cold right now!

4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs? Sing, play music, watch snow falling, ice skate, knit, paint, alter assorted things including old furniture, watch tv, read, shop, clean

5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring? Continue planting in the back yard. I would like lots of flowers. There is also a field area behind the pond that I would like to have landscaped and plant lots of wildflower seeds.

6. What are your favorite treats? Hmm... to eat? Chocolate covered coffee beans, anything with almonds, Pepperidge Farm Chessman Cookies, Werthers candies, chocolate covered raisins, love Jordan Almonds and Good n Plenty...and also Haribo Gummy Bears - but only Haribo brand because they are nice and chewy.

7. What is your favorite board game? Scrabble.

8. Do you have any children (furry or human)? Oldest daughter is 21 and at U of AZ in Tucson; Older son is 20 and is in Indiana at Purdue, youngest son is 8 and in 2nd grade. We have 2 dogs, an English Springer Spaniel who is 10 months old, a Border Collie/English Setter mix rescue dog who is about 4 or 5, and a cat.

9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations you partner should know about? Nope

My answers to the Knitter's Coffeeswap 3 Questionnaire are here:
http://miasfolkart.blogspot.com/2007/10/knitters-coffeeswap-3-questions.html

No comments: